Conservatory of Flowers, San Francisco

What an incredible selection from the tropics.  Beautiful gardens, worth a visit!

Interested in going?  The Conservatory of Flowers is located in Golden Gate Park, near other popular museums and destinations (California Academy of Sciences, de Young Museum).  For current admission fee and hours, visit the website… www.conservatoryofflowers.org/visit/hours.  This is an indoor museum, and, need I point out,  it’s hot and humid!  I highly suggest you dress in layers.

See my post about the Plantosaurus Rex exhibit, on display here through October, 2012.  Super fun!

You may also enjoy…

24 Comments

1. Planting Potatoes says:

ahhh….the Golden Gate Park……where the Enterprise landed! 🙂 great photos!

1. A Nature Mom says:

Thanks! Gotta love Star Trek!

1. Planting Potatoes says:

sure do….I was stationed out at Alameda when they had the USS Enterprise parked there while filming the movie…it was a lot of fun!

2. Is this anywhere near that beautiful section of the park that is planted in tulips? We’ve visited Golden Gate Park many times through the years when visiting family and I’m wondering how we never saw the Conservatory of Flowers! I think it’s just that the Park is so huge! I am going to tell my cousin that she must take me! 🙂 I loved the photos. Debra

1. A Nature Mom says:

The Conservatory is new to me, too. I’d driven by many times, wondering what it was. See my post from today.. I included a photo from the outside. Not sure if it’s near the tulips . I have so much yet to explore , too! Maybe the bison next!

3. We were there! We made it there during our trip to San Fran, and my kids loved it. The prehistoric plants exhibit was going on, and that was fun, too.

1. Wonderful photos, by the way!

1. A Nature Mom says:

Thanks! And I’m glad you were able to visit this one on your SF visit!

2. A Nature Mom says:

It’s a great museum. Look for my post tomorrow about Plantosaurus Rex…. the true reason for our visit!

4. Reblogged this on Let's Go Chipper! and commented:
    Beautiful array of flowers from the SF Conservatory! Who has had the pleasure of visiting this magical place?

1. A Nature Mom says:

Thanks! The majority of the garden is filled with lush tropical foliage. Such a beautiful place!

1. thirdeyemom says:

I love these kinds of places! Flowers always fill me with joy!

5. Tracy Dodge says:

I always learn about neat places to go visit from your blog!

1. A Nature Mom says:

Great to hear! I keep learning about new places (to me!) all the time and will continue to share.

6. Alex Jones says:

There is a beauty about flowers with droplets of water on them, even better if there is a bee present.

1. A Nature Mom says:

Thanks! It’s a beautiful place!